- Help write and implement a weekly schedule for your camp group.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group art projects each week. Art projects may include: clay, sketching, painting, music, dance, fiber arts, etc.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow safety guidelines. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Help guide Mayor’s Summer Youth Counselors to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Upon hire, completion of provided First Aid and BLS certification.
- Art education classes or experience in art camp, youth programs, art education, working with children, or in a related field.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp art activities which may include reaching to full-reach overhead, crouching, kneeling.
- Work outdoors under a tent unless raining.
SAVE THE DATE
PCA Events Committee
For over 50 years the Parkside Community Association has sponsosred many programs and events. Our Events Committee Meeting will regularly meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6pm at Parkside Meadow and would love for you to join us. If you plan to attend, please let us know, so we can plan accordingly. Email email@example.com or call 838-1240!
The PCA is looking for income eligible tenants for two recently renovated 1 bedroom apartments. New York State has subsidized the renovation of the building, with our office spaces on the ground floor and two affordable rental units upstairs.
If you or anyone you know might be interested and would qualify, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
CALLING ALL ANGELS!!!
Parkside Snow Angels Program Needs More Volunteers!!!
“Snow Angels” are teams of volunteers who assist neighbors who need help clearing snow from porches, steps, and sidewalks in the Parkside Community.
We’ve had a large increase in requests for help this year, so we need YOU! Can you help? We can set up teams so that you don’t have to commit too much time.
If you’re interested in helping out, please e-mail email@example.com or call 316-3936.
Thursday May 2 - Saturday May 4
*To donate furniture or large items, please use the Jewett Loading Dock. Email for appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org - leave your phone #.
We will accept: clean clothing, toys, kitchen items, costume jewelry, household goods, decorative items, sports equipment, records, vintage items, clean/working electronics, small furniture
*No televisions, computers, electronics, mattresses or broken or soiled items.
BUFFALO ARTS STUDIO
PROJECT LINUS BLANKET DAY
The Good Shepherds Shepherds Pie
There is no where else in Buffalo, NY with a legacy of community like Parkside. Display your love, whether you live here, work here, or are from the neighborhood. You can always call this home.
PCA Century Home Plaque Program
The Parkside Century Home Plaque Program celebrates our historically designed Frederick Law Olmsted neighborhood and the significance of its homes. The plaque is available to all homeowners in Parkside. The circa option is used for years that are estimated (for example, circa 1899). The cost of the plaque is $200.00 which includes shipping and handling to the PCA office.
Sign Up to Volunteer!
Would you like to Volunteer with the PCA's events? Take a look at which events the PCA needs assistance with by clicking below! Thank you!
Please consider donating to Parkside Community Association Annual Appeal!
All money raised helps support continuing non-profit programs of the Parkside Community Association—among them are the Summer Arts Camp for kids, Aging in Place, Crime Prevention, Housing Advocacy, Arts and Crafts Show, Traffic Safety, the renowned Parkside Tour of Homes and Garden & Architecture Tour, and the popular free summer “Movies in the Meadow” series.